At the end of 2013, I started WertArt Capital. The objective of this project is (i) to get together with like minded investors and (ii) to record an investment diary. The goal is to further enhance my investment skills.
I might have a position in the securities mentioned in my own accounts. However, WertArt is not trading the securities mentioned in reality (i.e. the amounts mentioned).
This site does not provide any form of advice. The only advice I can give to the reader of this site is to do your own research and not to trade securities only based on the opinion of others.
The rules of WertArt’s virtual portfolio are as follows:
- starts in January 2014
in October 2013with an amount to be invested of EUR 10 m
- invests globally in listed securities, but with a focus on European companies
- limits single investment positions to no more than 15%
- 25 to 30 different positions in the portfolio
- normally takes long positions, but may take short positioning in selected cases
- must not have a greater net exposure* than 1.3 times portfolio assets managed
- can buy/sell not more than one third of the daily trading volume
- buys/sells securities at the daily volume weighted average price
- reports returns before taxes and trading costs
- invests cash at the EONIA rate +100bps (+50 bps from the beginning of 2015 / zero interest from June 2016)
*Net exposure represents the short exposure subtracted from the long exposure